How are smoke machines used for leak testing?
There is no better medium than smoke to check the integrity of your infrastructure for leaks and cracks. It is visible, quick to spread and can snuggle into small openings very comfortably. This is why smoke generators and fog machines are used far and wide for leak testing. Here’s how it works:
- Plug in your smoke machine to a standard power outlet and set it to your desired output level
- Smodens’ smoke machine will generate a thick, visible fog that seeps into the farthest corners of your equipment/infrastructure
- Any leaks or crevices will be detected instantly via a visible discharge of smoke through the opening
- The emission of smoke through the leak will identify the exact location of the leak and how big it is
- Once the process is complete, the smoke from our smoke machine can simply be ventilated out; it does not leave behind any trace!
A routine leak test generally recognizes two kinds of leaks: ones that have already started showing symptoms, and those that are currently dormant but will cause trouble later. Smoke machines are the perfect fit for this task, which is essentially impossible to conduct using any other media.
Smodens’ smoke generators for leak testing
Leak diagnosis can be tricky. The wrong instrument can waste your time or worse; delude you into believing your equipment is perfect. However, you’re in luck! Smodens’ smoke machines understand how detrimental leaks can be for work flow and human health. In keeping with this, our smoke generators produce a non-toxic, reliable supply of thick smoke that seeps into the nooks and corners of your instrument to identify where the faults lie.
Our smoke generators and fog machines are lightweight and portable. They do not qualify as heavy-duty machinery that are difficult to manage and operate. They help eliminate downtime by rapidly identifying the exact location of a leak. Smodens’ smoke machines are a quick-fix to diagnosing leaks; they eliminate downtime and generally heat up within seconds. These smoke generators are extremely easy to operate and virtually maintenance free. The smoke and fog machines at Smodens are available in a range of size, in compliance to the density of smoke required. Small fog machines are ideal for small-scale leak testing, whereas our industrial fog machines are best suited for heavy duty usage. The nozzle on our smoke generator lets out an even, consistent stream of smoke that fully occupies the interior of your instrument.
Smodens are the most trusted retailer of smoke machines in UK; and here’s why:
- Smoke on demand: Our smoke and fog machines have a variable smoke output that can produce anything from a light haze, to a full-fledge dense fog
- Highly visible smoke: The smoke created by Smodens’ fog machines is highly pigmented. This not only facilitates visualization, but also points you directly to the problem area
- No baggage: Our smoke generators are uniquely unproblematic. They are non-contaminating, and do not leave behind a foul stench. The smoke will not leave any residue in your airways and it can easily vented out after testing
- Plug and play: All you need to do in order to operate our smoke generator is to simply plug it to a standard power outlet. It does not come with any complicated guides, and does not require any sort of expertise
- Efficiency and precision: Leak testing demands smoke machines to have a longer hang time, with the smallest particle size. Luckily, you can have all that with Smodens’ smoke generators.
- Intelligent controls: Our smoke machines come equipped with a digital remote control and a built-in timer. This allows you to supervise the smoke flow, manage the output and keep track of the time
- Energy Efficient: The smoke from our smoke generator is very persistent and can linger on even after energy from the source is cut off. This means that high volumes of smoke are produced against minimal electric supply.
No other leak detection method is as precise and instant as that done using a smoke machine. It is a one-time investment that lasts for multiple uses, requires minimal maintenance and does an exceptional job. It will not only identify where the leak is, but also tell you how big it is so that amendments could be made accordingly. Our smoke machines strive to improve the competence of your instrument and provide rapid business solutions.
There are innumerable applications for our fog machines in detecting leaks. Some common ones include:
- Air conditioning systems
- Ventilation ducts
- Smoke detectors
- Industrial equipment
- Drains and pipework
- Fume cupboards
- High-pressure leaks in nuclear power plants
Smodens is home to a variety of smoke generators and fog machines. Have a look at our wide range of smoke machines to see if you find your fit. A technical expert will be by your side to assist the process.
Leave a comment